Saturday, September 15, 2007

One more night??

In spite of the amazing experience this time at Swedish has been:) we are feeling like it is just about time to begin the next phase of rehabilitation at home. Although the pain remains fairly persistent, it seems that the muscle spasms are beginning to come under control and the rest is largely managable.

In today's therapy, I was able to negotiate up and down two flights of stairs as well as the hallways getting there and back. Hopefully tonight will be comprised of some very good rest allowing me to leave the hospital fresh and energized to begin to acclimate to the at home routine.

Words cannot begin to express the love and thankfulness I have for my wife, for her unconditional love and support of me during this past week. Wow, this experience was miserable to endure with her at my side. It would have been intolerable, no, impossible without her. I thank you Rebekah, the love of my life, for the love you have shown me this week. And when it comes down to it, you love me like this every single week whether I realize it or not.

Tomorrow it will be back home. Thanks also to all at Swedish who have helped make this such a manageable recovery.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Praise God, you're going home ... and just when we were gonna come visit (we would have been there sooner but were waiting until you took that shower!) Oh, well! Maybe next time ... NOT! By God's grace there will NEVER be a NEXT time, and praise Him for how He has gotten you this far. And, praise God for that wonderful wife of yours. Can't tell you how I've come to love her as well and know that God will give you both what you need to get all the way through this and every other challenge that comes your way. You have, and will (no doubt) continue to give Him the glory and what a wonderful thing it is for us to see! We love you! Jeanine Weber (on behalf of all the Webers!)

weavermom said...

I can't believe you are getting to go home already - so, so happy for you!! Yay!!!

What beautiful words about Rebekah - you are a blessed man, and she is blessed to have you as well.