Monday, October 29, 2007

Clear to take off

I went in for my seven week visit with Dr. McVicker today. The x-ray looks good, and healing is proceeding as expected. Spasms have decreased substantially over the last several days, and I will be allowed to begin weaning from the brace. Over the next several weeks, I will be able to gradually increase activity from stretching to strengthening. I will be able to get in the swimming pool (gently) do easy lifting and rowing, push-ups, etc., all of which sound very appealing after 7 weeks of near inactivity. Most importantly, I will be allowed to travel to China on Wednesday morning, and lifting/carrying restrictions have been loosened enough that I will be able to hold my boy next Monday. I guess that's what everybody wanted to know, so having said that, I'm going to bed. We'll post again when we get to China-check back in a couple of days.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

All praise to our loving, gracious faithful God.
Love, Mom

Adrienne said...

We can't wait to see pictures of you holding your son. We are praying and will be praying for your time in China. Lots of pictures...lots!
J, Ade, and Em xoxox

weavermom said...

How exciting! I'm so glad for both of you that you are going to be able to go!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news! Can't wait to meet Jason. Have a wonderful trip - we'll be praying for you!

Kim Hill said...

We'll be praying for you here in Africa that your travel goes well, that you will not be in pain, that David will quickly bond with you, and that He will take care of all of you during this amazing journey.
Blessings, Kim and Dusty Hill